Our Family

Our Family
January 2010

Monday, April 27, 2009

What A Crazy Life!

Well things have been so hectic for all of us that I haven't had any time for blogging. Gary of course went back to work for the mine part-time for the time being. I am working usually 40 + hours a week at Denny's. And the kids are just busy being kids. Gary & I usually work completely opposite schedules, him working the days that I have off and me working the days that he has off. Although it leaves us seeing each other in passing usually, it works out nicely so that we don't need a sitter very often for the kids. Gary is still pursuing his border patrol stuff and has passed everything needed so far. Now it is just the sitting and waiting for them to call him to go to the academy. That will be when it gets fun with him being in New Mexico, 7 hours away from us for 6 months. I am working and attempting to keep up with my housework somewhat. It drives me crazy that I don't have time to keep up with the simplest things like laundry. I can keep it all washed & dried, but am lucky if I can get it folded & put away before we're pulling clothes straight out of the basket to wear. A couple of my managers at work keep asking me to go into training to become a manager myself so that they have someone to take over when one of them leaves in a few months. The one most persistent about it is quite obviously not married , nor does she have children. I keep telling her there is absolutely no way. She just doesn't understand how incredibly hard it is already to try to be a working mom. It would be a great opportunity for someone, just not me.
Alyssa had her 5th birthday a few weeks ago. It makes me feel so old to think that I have a kid that is going to be starting school soon. We took her last week & got her registered for kindergarten. They tested her vision, hearing, motor skills,etc. She of course passed with flying colors. She was a little shy at first, but she eventually warmed up. We don't know which school she'll go to yet or who her teacher will be but we should find out in June sometime. There are 3 elementary schools in Safford so she could end up at any of them. We were allowed to put down a preference, but they don't guarantee anything. I am hoping that she will get put at Dorothy Stinson just because she has cousins that go there already & I think it would put her (and us) at ease a little to know that they are there too.
Bryant is growing up so fast. He has just become quite the little chatterbox in the last couple of months. There isn't a word out there that he doesn't attempt to say. Quite the same about trying to do things too. He is definitely all boy! He climbs everything & loves to play outside & be on the go. Everyday he says, "Daddy got truck. Go bye-bye truck." I don't know what it is about Daddy's truck, but he definitely likes it. Everytime we try to leave he runs straight for Gary's truck & is quite upset when I have to go chase him through the sprinklers to bring him back to the car. And I still love him like crazy even though I do have to chase him through the sprinklers. :)

2 comments:

Reeds said...

Wow-I can't keep up with laundry and I don't work at all. I can't even imagine trying to juggle it all. I hope things aren't crazy for you guys for long and hopefully you can be where you want to be doing what you want to do!

Tiff said...

It is hard to work with a family keep up with the house cleaning, dishes, school and everyones busy schedules too.

I didn't know that Gary had to go to New Mexico for 6 months. Is it Artesia? I guess I can ask you all about it when I see you this weekend.

I feel bad cuz I have to work from 7-7 on Saturday while you are here. :0(