Okay, so it has been months since I posted anything on my blog, I know, I am horrible at keeping it updated. I am always so busy & I always think about doing it, but I just never get around to it. It's one of those things that just gets put on the backburner, along with many other things that I won't mention (laundry, yard work, scrapbooking, basically anything that is going to take longer than an hour of my time. Oh yeah, I wasn't going to mention any. Sorry just thinking out loud!) :)
So here goes what I am going to try to make a short & sweet update...
Gary is back to work full time at the mine now, working mandatory overtime of 50 + hours a week. He is still going through the process for Border Patrol. They just completed the last step of his pre-hiring process which was his Background Investigation. Holy cow, they want to know anything & everything about you & everything about everyone that you know too! Which job he is going to have in the end we are still debating. Menawhile though, he is back to his usual crazy, hectic, busy life with work, djing, household chores, and playing stay at home dad with the kids in the evenings.

Alyssa just started her very first day of Kindergarten yesterday. She was so excited to start school and reminded us everyday for the last 3 weeks of how many days left until she was "big enough to go to school". Her first day was an early release & she got out 2 hours earlier than a normal day and she was already exhausted. We let her ride the bus home & when she got off you could see the exhaustion in her eyes. She told us that she had started falling asleep on the bus ride home. Poor kid! I knew it would be a big transition. Here is a picture of her right before we took her to school yesterday morning.
Bryant is about to turn two & is as busy as ever. He talks pretty much non-stop now & is starting to sing songs. I love it at night when he sings the songs with us as we sing to him at bedtime. During the day, he is in to absolutely EVERYTHING. He thinks he has to always have a pair of keys & one of daddy's screwdrivers in his hand. The scary part is that he knows how to use them too & is always sticking keys into the locks on my house & car doors & has learned to take the screws out of pretty much anything. He definitely keeps us on our toes. I am still working at Denny's for the time being. Before Gary went back to work full time, I went ahead & took an R.P. position (fill-in manager) & have been training for that. With Gary working full time now & Alyssa being in school & dance, it is very hectic to try & work around everyone's schedules and not have to rely on a babysitter too much. I feel like I am a horrible parent sometimes because I do have to take my kids to a babysitter just so that I can work, but until our jobs & future get a little more settled we feel like it is the right thing to do for me to continue working. I don't know what we would do without the help of family & we hope they know how much their help is appreciated. Other than that, I am just trying to stay somewhat caught up with housework.
Here area few pictures we have taken of the kids over the last few months.



Okay so the dog had to join in on the fun too!







1 comments:
That picture of Alyysa with her backpack on...whe looks so old and definately ready for school. And that little boy of your, I can't believe he can unscrew things what a little smarty. I hope your lives calm down soon, so you can enjoy yourselves and relax a little, but I understand that sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do.
Post a Comment