So my resolution for 2010 is to keep my blog better updated. So I figured I would start by posting some pictures of Christmas and some pictures of the work we are currently doing to our house.
We had a wonderful Christmas. It was probably one of the least hectic, more laid back Christmas's that we've ever had. We woke up and opened gifts here at home with the kids, then went and had breakfast and lunch with Gary's parents & grandma. Then we went and spent dinner time with my family and headed for home for awhile to relax before I had to go to work. Everyone at my work was required to work some part of Christmas so I volunteered to work graveyard shift so that I could be at home with my family the whole day. So as Gary & the kids went to bed, I went to work from midnight to four in the morning. Gary was very sweet & got up with the kids the next morning and took them out for breakfast while I slept in.
We've also been doing a lot of projects around the house, trying to make the outside of our house look better. We plan on putting stucco on the outside of our house at some point, but we are probably going to add on another bed, bath & closet before we do that. We only have 1 bathroom and our bedroom closet is super tiny, so it is something definitely needed. But, a little at a time we are getting things accomplished. We have been trying to get our yard finished. So we have put in a pond and some flowerbeds and planted some trees. The first part of December, we poured two concrete patios in our yard and this weekend we spent tearing down our carport and jackhammering up the concrete underneath it & our front porch. The concrete that was there was very poor quality and so it kept chipping away a little at a time and our carport was very old and the roof was rotting on it. Plus our trailblazer barely fit underneath it. So now we plan to pour all new concrete in those spots & build a new carport.
So here are some pics of everything....














2 comments:
YAY! I'm very excited about your new resolution to blog more. I think that benefits us more than you! :) But no, really...I'm very excited to be able to keep up with you and your cute family. You guys rock! Love ya all! :)
I love making improvements to my house, it's very refreshing. I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!
Post a Comment